Connections, inspiration, ideas, and in the case of ISTE Live ’22, a chance to check out The Big Easy. Also known as The Birthplace of Jazz, the city of New Orleans will host this year’s International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) conference June 26–29, welcoming over 16,000 teachers, administrators, district technology professionals, and more to explore the ever-evolving resources available in today’s rapidly-changing educational landscape.
According to ISTE, the organization’s mission is to serve the “global education community to accelerate the use of technology to solve tough problems and inspire innovation,” as well as to “transform teaching and learning.”
This purpose resonates well with the values we hold at Quizizz, so we’re beyond excited to return to this year’s conference in person. We look forward to the opportunity to learn, grow, hopefully meet many of you, and share how we plan to continue leveling up learning for educators and students in the upcoming school year.
Over the course of the four-day event, there are nearly 1,000 sessions to choose from, so while it will be impossible to attend them all, here’s a quick preview of a just a few of the many speakers and presentations Team Quizizz is excited to see:
- Janet Corder: Presenting on three different topics, we’re particularly excited for this J2 Training founder’s “Let’s Hear it From the Kids!” session, given its student-centered approach and focus on practical application of innovative web tools.
- Brandon Olszewski, Nicole Langford, and Mindy Frisbee: This trio of ISTE colleagues will present the much-anticipated “Smart Buy: The Good, The Bad, and Ugly in EdTech Selection” session to help administrators and K-12 technology coordinators determine the best fits for the future of their school’s academic technology strategy.
- Dr. Debbie Heroman: At perhaps one of the most turning-point moments in education, Dr. Heroman’s “Preparing Our Next Generation of Teachers” session will provide imperative information for newcomers to the field, and their mentors.
- Tara Desiderio: Tara’s “Leading With Purpose” session will be a must-see for school and district administrators in need of a little post-pandemic revitalization for their leadership role.
- Jessica Pack: With four sessions on various aspects of storytelling, this Quizizz May Featured Educator will help teachers develop creative classrooms, advance relationship-building, and understand students’ truest selves. At the event, Jessica will also promote her new book, “Moviemaking in the Classroom…” — be sure to check it out!
In addition to these specific sessions, ISTE offers a list naming “The Hottest Topics in EdTech for 2022,” which highlights a wide variety of areas ranging from equity and social emotional learning, to virtual reality and computational thinking. This list can serve as a good guide to ensure you attend sessions that check off all the ‘buzzy’ boxes on this year’s educational technology horizon.
Whether you’re a teacher, administrator, technology leader, or EdTech innovator — with a line up like this — all ISTE Live ’22 attendees are guaranteed to acquire high quality resources and connections to advance their practice, further their professional development, and reinvigorate their passion for education.
Quizizz will be located in Booth #1962, near the refreshments station — be sure to stop by for exciting Quiz and Lesson fun, a chance to win Quizizz Super or a School Plan, and of course some cool swag!