Prohibited Content and Activities, and Responsibility of Contributors: If you create quizzes, comment via the discussion boxes, post material to the Service, post links on the Service, or otherwise make material available by means of the Service (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, computer software or any other format in which Quizizz stores data.
The purpose of the Service is studying, and users are asked to post only study-related Content. The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Service. Quizizz reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Quizizz's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Service and terminating the accounts of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Quizizz:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any class or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains anything sexually suggestive, excessive violence, or offensive subject matter;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- includes information about another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
- violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from Quizizz such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Service. Quizizz reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Quizizz's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Service;
- impersonating or attempting to impersonate another user, person or entity;
- using the account, username, or password of another user at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- using any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
- activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to create or post Content;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services connected to the Service;
- displaying an unauthorized commercial advertisement on the Service, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Service on behalf of that person; or
- using the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells, or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion or use of, or access to, the Content and/or services offered throughout this Service (unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement)
By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- Content is not obscene or libelous, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; and
- have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Quizizz or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Quizizz for inclusion on the Service, for example posting a quiz, you grant Quizizz a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now or later developed). Such additional uses by Quizizz, or other companies or individuals who partner with Quizizz, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available through the Service.