As Quizizz gears up for this year’s International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) conference, we want to share some essential tips to help our community make the most of it. Taking place in Philadelphia from June 25 to 28, ISTE Live 23 is expected to bring together over 12,000 educators and learning thought leaders. Whether you're a seasoned veteran of edtech conferences or an excited newcomer, these insights are designed to enhance your conference journey!
1. Plan Ahead
ISTE Live 23 is packed with over 900 sessions, keynotes, and networking events. Start by reviewing the conference agenda and prioritizing the sessions most relevant to your needs. Remember, some sessions require pre-registration, so secure your spot early! Here are a few of the sessions the Quizizz community is looking forward to:
- Quizizz x Canva App Smashing! – Sunday, June 25 at 2:00 pm
- Innovation and AI: Meeting 2030 Sustainable Development Goals – Monday, June 26 at 1:30 pm
- Accessibility Across the Apps – Tuesday, June 27 at 11:30 am
2. Embrace the Journey
ISTE Live is not just about the destination, but the journey too! If you’re in town early, take advantage of pre-conference activities, including tours and museum visits. It's a great way to build your network while learning more about the city of Philadelphia!
3. Stay Comfortable and Hydrated
Comfort is key to enjoying any conference. Be sure to dress in layers for fluctuating indoor temperatures, and wear comfortable shoes for all the walking you'll do - it’s a great time to rack up your step count! Don't forget to keep yourself hydrated, too - a refillable water bottle is top of many attendee’s list of must-haves!
4. Make Use of Social Media
Follow the official conference hashtag (#ISTELive23) and engage in online conversations across all social media platforms. This can keep you updated on real-time event happenings, connect you with other attendees, and amplify your voice in the edtech community.
5. Attend Virtual Sessions
ISTE Live 23 offers fantastic virtual content that complements the in-person experience. Be sure to check out these sessions if you need a break from the hustle and bustle of the convention center or can't make it to all of the in-person events.
6. Have Questions Ready for Edtech Companies
Prepare questions to ask edtech companies at the Expo Hall. Consider asking:
- How do you collect and respond to educator feedback?
- What specific problem does your product solve?
- Can you give a quick "school corridor" pitch of your product?
- What kind of support and training do you provide for educators implementing your tool?
7. Keep an Eye Out for Innovative Solutions
Stay on the lookout for innovative tools that could make a difference in your classroom and solve problems for your learning community. This is your chance to stay ahead of the curve and bring back exciting new strategies to your school.
8. Don't Miss the Quizizz Booth (844)
Last, but most certainly not least, we invite you to join us at the Quizizz booth (844)! A platform built by educators for educators, we're thrilled to meet you face-to-face and hear about your experiences.
Here are some of the highlights of what you can look forward to at our booth:
- Interactive Demos: Get hands-on experience with our latest features, including AI-enhanced tools built to save you time this back-to-school season and beyond. We'll show you how Quizizz can empower you to motivate every learner.
- Special Guests: We've lined up some Quizizz Game Changers and inspiring educators to make guest appearances at Booth 844. Stop by to connect and grow your community.
- Swag: Swing by our booth for a chance to win exciting and exclusive Quizizz merch!
- Community Activities: Engage in fun activities and discussions with our vibrant community of educators. It'll be a great way to network, share ideas, and learn from others' experiences.