Terms and Conditions of Use
Updated: December 22, 2022
The Quizizz website ("Service") is a hosted service operated by Quizizz Inc.(referred to as "Quizizz"). Any use of the Service is subject
Conditions. Your use of the Service will constitute your acceptance of these terms and
- Eligibility: Use of the Service is void where prohibited. The Service is for users of all ages. For children younger than 13, Quizizz offers a limited feature set and does not require Quizizz to obtain parental consent. We designed our system to permit children to use Quizizz without Quizizz collecting personally identifiable information other than persistent identifiers that recognize the Quizizz user as a repeat visitor. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that: (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; and, (c) your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- Your Quizizz Account and Data: If you create an account on the Service, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and data, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify Quizizz of any unauthorized uses of your data, your account or any other breaches of security. Quizizz will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. Quizizz may from time to time set storage limits for your data, or take any other measures Quizizz considers appropriate to manage the Service. Quizizz may also from time to time change its policies on offering commercial content or displaying advertising, and it may do this without notice.
- Prohibited Content and Activities, and Responsibility of Contributors: If you create quizzes, comment via the discussion boxes, post material to the Service, post links on the Service, or otherwise make material available by means of the Service (any such material, "Content"), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, computer software or any other format in which Quizizz stores data. You are also entirely responsible for ensuring that you are lawfully entitled to use any information and content. Quizizz does not assume any responsibility for damage caused by your acts, errors, omissions or negligence with respect to the content you post to Quizizz.
- The Quizizz Service is intended to be educational. The following are examples of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the Service. Quizizz reserves the right to suspend or terminate your ability to access Quizizz if you post illegal or prohibited content on Quizizz. Quizizz further may investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Quizizz's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending Content from the Service and terminating the accounts of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, Content that, in the sole discretion of Quizizz:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any class or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits or encourages the exploitation of people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains anything sexually suggestive, nudity not related to the study of art, medicine or another bonafide educational field, portrays or glorifies excessive violence without educational merit, or constitutes offensive subject matter;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- publicly posts information that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to any person;
- includes information about another person that you have posted without that person's consent;
- violates the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person;
- constitutes or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- constitutes or promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, or "spamming";
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses; or
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without prior written consent from Quizizz such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
- The following are examples of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Service. Quizizz reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in Quizizz's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement or national security authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person in circumventing or modifying any security technology or software that is part of the Service;
- organizing or encouraging acts of violence;
- impersonating or attempting to impersonate another user, person or entity;
- using the account, username, or password of another user at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- using any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person or entity, or attempting to do the same;
- activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- any automated use of the system, such as, but not limited to, using scripts to create or post Content;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services connected to the Service;
- displaying an unauthorized commercial advertisement on the Service, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity through the unauthorized or impermissible use of the Service on behalf of that person;
- using the Service in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations; or
- reproduces, duplicates, copies, sells, trades, resells, or exploits for any commercial purposes, any portion or use of, or access to, the Content and/or services offered throughout this Service (unless you have been specifically allowed to do so in a separate agreement).
- By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either: (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software; or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- content is not obscene or libelous, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party; and
- have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Quizizz or otherwise.
- Users that are not customers of the Quizizz for Work professional plans and submit content to Quizizz for inclusion on the Service (by publishing a quiz for example) grant Quizizz a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now or later developed). Such additional uses by Quizizz, or other companies or individuals who partner with Quizizz, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, or otherwise make available through the Service.
- Public User Content: If you choose to make your User Content shared on Quizizz Public User Content, you hereby grant to Quizizz a perpetual (or, for as long as permitted under applicable law), non-exclusive, sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to commercialize, use, reproduce, make available to the public (e.g. perform or display), publish, translate, modify, create derivative works from, and distribute your Public User Content through any medium, whether alone or in combination with other content or materials, in any manner and by any means, method or technology, whether now known or hereafter created. Aside from the rights specifically granted herein, you retain ownership of all rights, including intellectual property rights, in the User Content.
Customers who have purchased a Quizizz for Work professional plan and the users of those paid accounts who access Quizizz due to a paid, Quizizz for Work professional plan are not deemed to have granted Quizizz any such license. All other terms of this Agreement apply to those customers and their users unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Payments, Cancellations, Upgrades:
General: Paid subscription Plans can be purchased directly from Quizizz on our Website. This section of the Terms only applies where you have signed up for one of our Paid Subscription Plans directly from web site.
You promise that your registration information, payment details (if you have signed up for a Paid Subscription Plan) and any other information that you submit to us are true, accurate, and complete, and you agree to update your information in a timely fashion to prevent your Plan from being suspended or cancelled. If you have provided incorrect or inaccurate information, or if you need to update your information, you should return to the log-in screen or correct such information in your account settings. You promise that no other person shall be allowed to use or access your account, or in any other way make use of the Quizizz Services, your Paid Subscription Plan or exercise the rights conferred to you pursuant to the Agreement.
- Payments and Subscription Plan Periods: All Paid Subscription Plans must be fully paid prior to each Subscription Period. Once a subscription for a Paid Subscription Plan is paid that subscription is non-cancelable and non-refundable.
You will be charged prior to being granted access to your Paid Subscription Plan. At the end of your current Subscription Period, your Paid Subscription Plan subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged for the next Subscription Period in accordance with your registered payment information.
If you do not pay for your Paid Subscription Plan on time, Quizizz reserve the right to suspend your account or remove Paid Subscription Plan features
- Price Changes and New Subscription Plans: Quizizz may change the price for a Paid Subscription Plan. If such price change applies to you it will be effective from the beginning of your next Subscription Period. Your continued use of the Quizizz Services constitute your acceptance of the price change. If you do not agree with the price changes, you have the right to reject the change by cancelling your subscription prior to your next Subscription Period renewal. We do not provide any refunds if the price for a Paid Subscription Plan drops, or if we offer subsequent promotional pricing or change the content or features of a Subscription Plan.Quizizz may decide to change or replace our Subscription Plan. If the Subscription Plan you have subscribed for is changed or replaced, your subscription will automatically be for the Subscription Plan that corresponds with the pricing of your original plan unless you chose to upgrade your subscription.
- Trial Subscription: We may, at our sole discretion, offer you a Trial Subscription ("Trial"). We reserve the right to revoke the Trial and put your account on hold in the event that we determine that you are not eligible. For some Trials, we will require you to provide your payment details to start the Trial. In such cases, your Trial will automatically be converted to a paid subscription for the selected Subscription Plan as of the first day after the end of your Trial period if you choose to convert your plan to a Paid Subscription Plan. We will use the payment details you provided when you started the Trial to charge you. If you do not want to continue using your selected Subscription Plan by converting your Trial to a Paid Subscription Plan, you must exercise your right to cancel your subscription before the end of the Trial period.
- Responsibility of Service Visitors: Quizizz has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material posted to the Service, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating the Service, Quizizz does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Service may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Service may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Quizizz disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Service, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites: We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Quizizz links, and that link to Quizizz. Quizizz does not have any control over those non-Quizizz websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Quizizz website or webpage, Quizizz does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive Content. Quizizz disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Quizizz websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy: As Quizizz asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Quizizz violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Quizizz by email at email@example.com. Quizizz will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. In the case of a visitor who may infringe or repeatedly infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Quizizz or others, Quizizz may, in its discretion, terminate or deny access to and use of the Service. In the case of such termination, Quizizz will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Quizizz.
- Trademarks: Quizizz, Quizizz.com, the Quizizz.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Quizizz, or the Service are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quizizz or Quizizz's licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Service grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Quizizz or third-party trademarks.
- Changes: The Service, including without limitation all content there available and these Terms and Conditions, may be changed at the sole discretion of Quizizz and without notice. You are bound by any such updates or changes, including but not limited to those affecting these Terms and Conditions, and so should periodically review these Terms and Conditions.
- Limitation of warranties of Quizizz, its suppliers and its licensors: Except as otherwise expressly stated, all content posted to or available from the Service is provided "as is", and Quizizz, its suppliers and its licensors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title or non-infringement of proprietary rights. You understand and agree that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Service at your own discretion and risk, and that Quizizz, its suppliers and its licensors will have no liability or responsibility for any damage to your computer system or data that results from the download or use of such content or services. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above may not apply to you.
- Limitation of liability of Quizizz, its suppliers and its licensors:Except as otherwise expressly stated, in no event will Quizizz, its suppliers or its licensors be liable to you or any other party for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or exemplary damages, regardless of the basis or nature of the claim, resulting from any use of the Service, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website including without limitation any lost profits, business interruption, loss of data or otherwise, even if Quizizz, its suppliers or its licensors were expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will the aggregate liability for any and all of your claims against Quizizz, its suppliers and its licensors arising out of or related to use of the Service, or the contents thereof or of any hyperlinked website exceed the amounts actually paid by you to Quizizz during the 12-month period prior to the date a claim is made. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for certain incidental or consequential damages, so some of the above limitations may not apply to you. The parties agree that this Section 10 represents a reasonable allocation of risk.
- Term and termination: This Agreement will continue to apply for as long as you use a free or paid Quizizz account. Quizizz may terminate the Agreement or suspend your access to the Quizizz Service at any time, including in the event of your actual or suspected unauthorized use of the Quizizz Service and/or Resources, or non-compliance with the Agreement. If you or Quizizz terminate the Agreement, or if Quizizz suspends your access to the Quizizz Service in accordance with the Agreement, you agree that Quizizz shall have no liability or responsibility to you and Quizizz will not refund any amounts that you have already paid, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
Any License granted to you on the Quizizz Subscription Plan not already terminated by the expiry of your Subscription Plan shall be terminated as of the termination or expiry of the Agreement.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that the perpetual license granted to Quizizz by you in relation to Public User Content (see section Public User Content) will continue after expiry or termination of any of the Agreement for any reason.
Sections of the Agreement that, either explicitly or by their nature, must remain in effect even after termination of the Agreement, shall survive termination.
Tax: All fees are exclusive of taxes, which we will charge as applicable. You agree to pay any taxes applicable to your use of the Paid Subscription Plan. If you are located in the European Union, all fees are exclusive of any VAT and you represent that you are registered for VAT purposes in your member state. At our request, you will provide us with the VAT registration number under which you are registered in your member state. If you are subject to GST, all fees are exclusive of GST. If you are located in Canada, all fees are exclusive of GST, PST and HST.
- Miscellaneous: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Quizizz and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Quizizz, or by the posting by Quizizz of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, these Terms and Conditions, any access to or use of the Service will be governed by the laws of the state of Delaware, U.S.A. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of these Terms and Conditions or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under these Terms and Conditions to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms; Quizizz may assign its rights under these Terms and Conditions without condition. These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.