Have an account?
1. The freedom of the state to make and implement its decisions within its territory without external interference is known as (WAEC 2019)
2. Who quoted this? 'democracy is a government of the people, by the people and for the people"
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. George Washington
3. What is democracy?
A. Rule of majority
B. Rule of king or queen
C. Government by the people
4. Which of these is not a pillar of democracy? WAEC 2011
A. Enlightened Citizens
D. Social and Economic Equality
5. The word democracy comes from
A. THE LATIN ROOT DEMOS=PEOPLE AND KRATOS=POWER
B. THE GREEK ROOT DEMOS=PEOPLE AND KRATOS=POWER
C. THE LATIN ROOT DEMOS=POWER AND KRATOS=PEOPLE
D. THE GREEK ROOT DEMOS=POWER AND KRATOS=PEOPLE
6. Democracy first started in WAEC 2012
7. Which are features of Democracy?
A. Democracy is a form of government in which the rulers are elected by the people.
B. Elections offer a choice and fair opportunity to the people to change the current rulers
C. The choice and opportunity is available to all the people on an equal basis
D. All the above
. What is the primary purpose of government?
A. To provide essential services and maintain law and order
B. To entertain the citizens
C. To regulate the market
D. To provide for the needs of all
2. Which branch of the Nigerian government is responsible for making and passing laws?
Government is the machinery established to manage the affairs of the
C. Civil service
5. The branches of government as an institution/organization of a state are;
A. political economy, public administration and local government
B. Legislature, executive and Judiciary
C. political power, authority and co-operation
D. Executive, Public administration and Judiciary
Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of a state?
2. A body of people who feel themselves to be naturally linked together, share common ties, believe they can live happily together is referred to as
All human associations whether organized or unorganized is known as
The idea of sovereignty originated from
A. A.V Dicey
B. Baron De Montesquieu
C. Frederick Engels
D. Jean Bodin
Sovereignty can be located in all the following institutions except
C. Mass Media
D. Military Regime
A social, political and economic arrangement in which landed property and other resources are collectively owned, managed and co-operatively harnessed by the community for the common good of everybody