No student devices needed. Know more
1. What is the purpose of using alliteration in writing?
a) To make a piece of writing rhyme
b) To help improve the level of humor in a piece of writing
c) To focus the reader's attention on a section of text
d) All of these are correct
2. Which consonant sound is an example of alliteration in the sentence, 'Wendy went to Walmart to win washable face masks?
3. Which of the following is an example of alliteration?
a) Vanessa’s vaccine defends her vulnerable body from the virus
b) Lucy jumps at least a hundred feet in the air
c) Joseph’s vaccine lowers his chances of getting the virus
4. What is the definition of alliteration?
a) A huge exaggeration
b) Giving an animal human-like qualities
c) The repetition of similar sounds at the beginning of words
d) Two words that sound alike, but have different meanings
5. Is the statement "Vincent the viral ventriloquist signed up for vaccination", an alliteration?
c) None of the above
Which of the following phrases is an alliteration?
a) She cooked her favorite food in the church
b) The Philippines received million doses of vaccines
c) Charlie cheats on cheat-sheets
d) Mark debunks COVID-19 misinformation
7. Is this statement "Mommy made me mash my m&m's", an alliteration?
8. In which of the examples below would you most likely find an alliteration?
a) A non-fiction novel
b) Lyrics in a song
c) A "How to" book
9. Are you hungry? Let's find a cafe for ________, __________ and __________.
a) egg, chips, and cola
b) coffee, sweets, and tea
c) coffee, cakes, and cola
a) fish, chips, and soup
10. Which is not an example of alliteration?
a) Kim’s kid kept kicking
b) Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers
c) He chooses the Pfizer vaccine