1. What does the ‘feedback sandwich’ involve?
Giving positive feedback by accompanying it with negative feedback
Giving negative feedback by accompanying it with positive feedback
Creating a feedback culture in an organization
Devaluing positive feedback
2. The writer believes that the feedback sandwich’
can encourage good performance.
makes negative feedback more painful.
makes employees fearful of feedback.
is too predictable to be effective.
3. The ‘growth mindset’ idea is that
we can become good at things that we might initially not seem to have a talent for.
we should focus on honing the talents that we are born with
the end result is more important than the process
we must not tell people that they are good at certain things.
4. How can we create a culture of positive feedback?
By offering feedback only during informal occasions such as when walking down a corridor
By making sure that only positive and not negative feedback is given
By asking your employees to offer positive feedback to their colleagues
By not conducting appraisals for employees
5. A cynical view of positive feedback …
can make the quality of working life richer.
can be healthy.
can be changed gradually.
6. What might be a good title for this article?
The power of a growth mindset
The power of positive feedback
The power of positive thinking
The power of the feedback sandwich
1. In the story at the beginning of the article, the writer describes a scenario in which the employee assumes they are going to get negative feedback.
2. Overusing the ‘feedback sandwich’ can result in a mistrust of positive feedback.
3.We should not try to inject positivity in our feedback or we might devalue it.
4. We should never give positive feedback and negative feedback at the same time.
5. Carol Dweck believes that the brain is flexible and can be trained to learn new skills.
6. We should give positive feedback when employees make an effort and try new things.
7. By offering positive feedback in a variety of situations, we can get our employees used to getting positive feedback
8. You can improve the performance of your employees by embracing their mistrust of positive feedback