Have an account?
1. Mahindra was the twin brother of ________________.
2. Many prominent Buddhist monks and officials from Ashoka's court also went to ___________________ to propagate their religion.
3. Ashoka erected a number of pillars, one of them being the ___________________.
4. Emperor Ashoka is referred to as Devanam piyadassi in these edicts. Devanam piyadassi means _________________.
Beloved of Buddha
Beloved of God
Beloved of People
5. When Ashoka was a young prince, his nickname was _________________.
6. Ashoka's edicts proclaim _______________________________.
Ashoka's belief in the Buddhist principles of dhamma.
Ashoka as Chand Ashoka.
Ashoka as the emperor of India.
7. Ashoka became a ______________________.
8. There was one kingdom in the east of India that refused to submit to Ashoka. This was the _____________________________.
Kingdom of Magadha
Kingdom of Mewar
Kingdom of Kalinga
9. The emperor was remorseful because ____________________________________.
many of his soldiers had died in the battle of Kalinga.
the battle had caused much more destruction than expected.
he was responsible for taking the lives of many individuals.
10. The king expected his subjects to ____________________________.
respect each other's religious beliefs.
lead a vegetarian lifestyle.
spread the Buddha's teachings to other kingdoms.