1. The British ______ made laws for all British people.
1. After the French and Indian War, ____
became a British colony.
1. American colonists were asked to cover the
cost of the French and Indian War by paying _____.
1. The Sugar Act angered many colonists because
it required them to pay a _____ on goods brought into
1. Colonists who supported the actions of the British
government were known as _____.
1. Many colonists were against the Stamp Act because
it was an example of taxation without _____.
1. Many colonists protested the Sugar Act with a _____ of
1. Parliament ____ the Stamp Act when it heard that nine
of the colonies sent representatives to the
Stamp Act Congress
1. The colonists formed the ______ to keep colonists informed about protests against British laws.
1. The Sons of Liberty protested the tax on tea with an
action that later became known as the ______.
1. Colonists in Massachusetts felt that to ______, or provide housing for, British soldiers was intolerable.
1. _______ were members of the Massachusetts militia who
were always ready to defend the colony.
1. The fighting between the colonists and the British
army that took place in the towns of Lexington
and ______ marked the beginning of the Revolutionary War.