1. Which phrase has a positive connotation?
2. Which phrase has a negative connotation?
3. Which phrase has a negative connotation?
4. Which phrase has a positive connotation?
5. Connotation is a word's ___________.
6. Referring to someone's house as a "shack" would have a __________ connotation.
7. I recognized the familiar smell of my roommate's cooking. If you change the word smell to stench, the word now has a ____________ connotation.
8. Why do people use figurative language?
9. The word scrawny, as in "Jason appeared scrawny," has a _________ connotation.
10. What's the meaning of this simile?
"My mom can be as fiery as a volcano when I don't do my chores on time."