Okay everyone! Let's review what we learned in term 1 =)
But teacher, what did we learn in term 1?
How to use adjectives!
What pronouns are!
When to use conjunctions!
How do we use adjectives?
- We used adjectives to describe nouns
- Adjectives describe nouns by giving us information about the noun
What are pronouns?
- Pronouns are words we use to replace the names of nouns
- Nouns are people, places or things
When do we use conjunctions?
- Conjunctions are words that join two sentences together
- We use conjunctions when we want to combine 2 short sentences into 1 long sentence
Read the questions carefully, each question will ask you to complete the sentence using the correct word or select the correct option.
REMEMBER: We are reviewing adjectives, pronouns and conjunctions. So pay close attention!
1) Bob went to the playground. Bob played with his friends.
Hint: We use these words to combine sentences.
2) Lucy and her friends told ____ stories to their teacher.
Hint: We use these words to describe nouns.
3) Jack and Jill went to school, and ___ studied science.
Hint: We use these words to replace the names of nouns.
4) Choose the sentence that correctly uses an adjective to describe a noun!
Hint: NO MORE HINTS!!!
5) Choose the sentence that uses a conjunction to combine two thoughts.
6) Choose the sentence that uses a pronoun correctly.